- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 12 ounce package fresh or frozen cranberries ( 3 cups)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup candied orange peel
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- In a medium saucepan, cook and stir ginger in hot butter over medium heat for 30 seconds. Add cranberries, sugar, orange juice, candied orange peel, and allspice. Bring to boiling, reduce heat. Simmer uncovered, about 4 minutes or until cranberries pop and sauce is slightly thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer cranberry mixture. Cover and chill for 4 hours. (Sauce continues to thicken during chilling.) Before serving, let stand for 30 minutes at room temperature. Makes about 2-1/2 cups.
- Make ahead- Transfer mixture to an airtight container. Cover and chill for up to 3 days.
Recipe adapted from Better Homes and Gardens.This recipe has been shared with these wonderful blogs: